Re: [67ATTENDEES] IETF 67 Network goes down at 12:00

On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 08:04:10AM -0500, Ken Raeburn wrote:
> On Nov 11, 2006, at 00:30, Marshall Eubanks wrote:
> >I would like to second that. Even during plenary, I had no troubles.
>
> I hate to say it, but on the 802.11b/g network, I did have some
> problems during the plenary sessions -- fell off the network once or
> twice.  But when I switched off the built-in 802.11b/g card in my
> laptop and plugged in an 802.11a card, everything was fine....  Aside
> from the plenary, though, I had no problems at all, even while I was
> lounging out by the pool.  Very nice.

I suspect this is one of the reasons why thinghs are getting better.
By using 11a we get better quality for the 11a users and reduce contention
for the 11b/g people (though I suspect most g's fall back to b?).

Any charts of volumes of use? :)

I loved the analysis paper done for the network a couple of years ago;
any more documentation/discussion like that is very welcome.

--
Tim